Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I feel uber bads that I haven't continued my recipe blogging; though I have only posted one, and it is really only half of one. *sigh*

Anywho, I would like to announce that I am denouncing spending money. I keep telling myself "I will not spend money" and yet I do, every day, on shit I don't need. So starting today, I will only spend money on food, smokes, alcohol, and gas. Thats it. Oh, and the bills.

Having your own bills and debt is what makes being an adult the absolute worst. Kids these days don't know how good they've got it. Almost everyone I work with under 30 years of age still lives with their parents and has no responsibilities at all. Most of them go to school, which is good, but they work to earn cash just for spending on useless crap. Hardly any of them actually bought their own car, and almost none pay their parents any of the money they earn as compensation for rent and food. I mean, if parents want to support their grown kids like that, fine. But these youngins need to realize that they got it pretty good.

I'm talking about my own pitty party. I grew up the second half of my youth with one parent, who is a debtor and a gambler; in addition to always have been poor. I worked full time while in school, and then when I could not, I still worked as much as I could while in college to pay my way through it, while living on my own with my boyfriend. I bought my own vehicle and every payment was made by me. I've never relied on my mom for finances, and I've only taken what was offered by family in times of dire need. I've worked really hard to live, and get to where I am now. I wish them kids I work with understood just how good they have it.

But I can't complain too much because I love my home, my cat, my car, and my man!


No comments:

Post a Comment